DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
with main focus on Software Infrastructure for Electron Microscopy.
The Corrected Electron Optical Systems GmbH located at Heidelberg, Germany develops and manufactures aberration-corrected electron optical imaging systems. In the field of aberration correctors for TEM, STEM and SEM we are the technology leader world wide. Our main focus is on research projects for our industrial and academic partners, the development of prototype instrumentation and the regular fabrication of our well-established products for various microscope manufacturers.
As a member of our software team you will help with the installation, test and roll-out of our system and application software for aberration correctors and spectrometers. You will closely cooperate with our physicists and engineers as well as our customers to
- diagnose and resolve software and hardware issues,
- maintain and optimize our build- and deployment processes,
- help with testing and improvements of our existing code base,
- analyze performance and usability of our software products,
- and support the administration of our technical IT infrastructure. Much of our work relies on Linux and the open source ecosystem. We are contributing to the scientific open source community through some of our products. This will also be part of your work.
- a degree in computer science or engineering or some equivalent background,
- very good knowledge of the Linux and the Windows operating systems,
- a good command of Python and/or C++ and revision control using git,
- interest in concurrent programming with asyncio, multi-processing and multi-threading,
- some experience with UI design and the Qt library would be an asset,
- as well as the awareness of the specific requirements for high-throughput data processing.
An attractive permanent job in an innovative medium-sized company with flat hierarchies and the stimulating scientific environment of high-end electron optics instrumentation with motivated and friendly colleagues and good social and financial conditions. Employees optionally meet in small groups for spare time activities (music, sports, gardening, ...) as well as for regular company celebrations. Financial support for childcare, public transport, leasing of bicycles and employee profit sharing is granted. The position is particularly well suited for recent graduates and career changers with relevant background.
If you are interested, please submit your application by email.
Feel free to contact us in an informal manner for additional information.
Dr. Heiko Müller
phone: +49 6221 89467-0